This strain is in the Guinness World Records for the hottest chilli in the World at just over 1.4million SHU's. That's 300,000 SHU's hotter than the old record holder from India - Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Chilli).
Butch Taylor is the American guy who grew out this strain and passed on seeds to people on chilli growing forums. Hence the name Trinidad Scorpion Butch T. An Australian sauce company then got hold of the seeds and grew them. They sent the pods away for testing and they came in as the new hottest chilli. These are very similar and originate from the Trinidad Scorpion but have been selected over many years for particular qualities- the main one being heat levels.
10 Trinidad Scorpion Butch T (Capsicum Chinense) chilli seeds per packet
- 16/11/2016 New seeds!
- 09/10/2016 Dr Paul's Hot Sauce
- 16/08/2016 Holidays
- 15/06/2016 1st Place in Mr Chilli Awards!
- 18/03/2016 New imports from Puckerbutt!
- 15/03/2016 New products
- 03/01/2016 New seedlings!
- 05/12/2015 Canning Vale Markets
- 17/11/2015 New seeds varieties available!
- 01/11/2015 Mr Chilli Awards 2015
- 21/10/2015 Smokey Jolokia back in stock!
- 09/10/2015 Under new Management... Again
- 01/05/2014 Under New Management
- 31/01/2014 USA sauces in stock soon
- 31/01/2014 Incinerator Batch 13 - Last ever!
- 05/11/2013 Price Reductions
- 18/06/2013 30% off & holiday closure 27th June - 15th July
- 29/04/2013 Free Chilli Chocolate!
- 24/03/2013 Heatseekers Chilli website joins us
- 12/03/2013 Araluen's Fremantle Chilli Festival 2013
- 31/12/2012 Cheaper Postage Options
- 31/12/2012 50% off until 5th Jan 2013!
- 30/11/2012 FREE Stubby holders!
- 05/11/2012 New website